Sunday, March 25, 2012

tea, scones, and a sense of humor


I have become mildly obsessed with a series of novels by the ever charming, ever witty, and ever British author Gil McNeil. Her books feel like home. I feel like I know the characters. I feel like I have lived in that quaint seaside English town. It almost makes me want to start knitting, buy a yarn shop, and move a little village by the sea where everyone knows everyone and they all stop by to say hello. 

I breezed through book one and two and am eager to start on the last in the series. My kindle couldn’t download it fast enough. 

If you are in the mood for an easy read, feel good type of book, then you must pick up The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club. I feel confident in saying that you will most definitely be moving onto books two and three. 




No comments:

Post a Comment