Today is a very special day. Today is the day my parents celebrate thirty-seven years as husband and wife. Thirty-seven years of love, compromise, compassion, selfless giving, and family.
I cannot imagine two better people for each other or two better people to call my family. As I am an only child, my parents and I have always been very very very close. They are my everything.
I can't remember ever being left with a sitter. I can't remember ever being left for a trip. We were are the three musketeers and it was is all or nothing. We never did anything without each other. These two people have shaped me to be the person I am today. They have shaped what my idea of family is, what love means to me, and I can only hope that one day I will be as good to my own family as they have both been to me. Everyday they inspire me to be a better person, to learn and grow, and to shape myself to be as extraordinary as they are.
My dad is happy, positive, a glass half full type of guy. He taught me to do what I love, to love others, and to try and see the best in everything. As he likes to say "being happy is a conscious decision we all make every single day." He is the epitome of joy, perseverance, and unwavering love. This father-daughter bond is unique, amazing, strong and unbreakable.
My mom is patient, kind, caring, and so so so loving. She would give anything to help another in need. She has a heart of gold and knows empathy more than anyone I know. She gives endlessly and never expects anything in return. I wish I could give her everything she deserves. She deserves the world. If I had one wish, it would be to make her feel as much love as she has made me feel my entire life. We have a love that can only be felt by the heart. A bond that cannot be broken.
Here's to you mom and dad. Congratulations on all that you have accomplished as individuals, as a couple, and as a family. I am so honored to call you my family. I love you more than words could ever explain.

No comments:
Post a Comment