Friday, March 16, 2012

love across the miles

 As a Texas native and now Florida transplant, there are two states that are very near and dear to my heart. Texas will forever hold the flame [you couldn't expect anything less from a Texas gal], but I have to admit Florida has brought much light into my life.


Texas is where I was born and bred. Texas is family. Texas is friendly. Texas is proud. And Texas is what I think of when I think of home, memories, laughter and love. 

The saying "Texas is a whole other country" is a fact. There is a state pride that is not found in any other 49. It is something that only Texans understand. 

We love the cliche stereotypes. It only strengthens the pride in our hearts and makes us thankful to say God Bless Texas, I am a Texan. 

You may be able to take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the girl. 

A Texan's love and pride for their state is not something that can be described in words. Nothing can quite perfectly explain that relationship between man girl and his her land. It is something that can only be felt by the heart.

I miss everything about this wonderful state, but most of all I miss the family that it holds. 



Now, I don't want to hurt Florida's feelings. You may be #2 on my list, but I can honestly say, I am glad I live in Florida. 

Florida has changed my life. Florida brought me to my one true love. Florida is where "it was meant to be." 

We both thought Florida was temporary, but life had a plan in the making. 

I am so thankful that this journey called life, led me to my new home in Florida. If those doors had never opened, I would have never met the one man I know I am meant to spend the rest of my days with. I owe that to you Florida and for that, I am eternally grateful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment