Saturday, April 14, 2012

austin

Day one and two have been wonderful thus far. 

Day one we ventured out to Wimberly for some tea and cake at Sip In The Square, shopping, walking, and lunch at the Cypress Creek Cafe. I found a darling top and mom didn't leave empty handed either. She left with a gorgeous solid teak wood rustic coffee table. We had a great time in this sweet little Texas town. 



Day two, dad and I were up and at'em for one of his sponsored lake cleanups. He hosts six Lake Austin cleanups a year and it just so happened my trip coincided with one of them! I was so thankful for this sweet coincidence. We spent many a weekends on the water for these cleanups and it was wonderful to do it again together. We got there early for setup, he debriefed the cleanup crew, I got to visit with friends, and then dad and I paddled two very full boat loads of trash to the pickup station. It was a great turnout and an ever better time! 




And of course, we had to reward of all our hard work with a little Chuy's! 


After our food settled and a feel good movie, mom and I finished out the day with a little gardening in the backyard. The air was just perfect and it was so nice to relax with some flowers pruning, and watering. One day I hope to have a garden as lush and beautiful as my mom's. She is chock full of plant knowledge and gardening tips. I always wonder "Now, how do you know that?" and "How do you know you need to do this." I am so blessed to learn from this amazing women, in more ways than one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment