I have the greatest family there ever was. We are so very close and I wouldn't have it any other way. We are the Three Musketeers. This close-knit unity definitely makes being apart that much harder, but I also know that distance will never break the love of a family.
My parents were recently in town visiting for almost a full week. It was exactly what I needed. Hugs. And snuggles. And love. And laughter. And good talks. I can still smell my mom on the couch and hear my dad's laugh ringing in the air. These two people are my life. My world. My everything. Words will never be able to express how much I appreciate them, how much I deeply love them, or how much I would do to make sure they are happy, well-supported, and taken care of.
While they were in town, Kevin and I had the honor of hosting his parents to our new place for a backyard BBQ. Two families united, prayers were said, wine was shared, and nothing but a wonderful time was had.
Kevin proudly showing our new backyard setup - an amazing gift from my parents.
Two families and great food.
And a lovely evening neighborhood walk with very full tummies.
I miss my parents every minute they are gone and anxiously await our next visit. I know it won't be long.

No comments:
Post a Comment